DeskPerks.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Get in touch if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Visit our Cookies Consent page to opt-out/in of non-essential cookies and learn more about the cookies we use.
If you use our contact form, we will respond where required. All email addresses will be deleted and not used for any purpose other than responding to your query.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- Do we collect your Personal Data?
- Does anyone else have access to your Personal Data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data we gather
This might include your IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged. You can disable non-essential cookies here.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- enhance your customer experience; this includes analytic tools that help us identify areas of interest and improve content quality
- display advertising based upon your internet browsing records with Google.
- share information with approved 3rd parties, such as Affiliate partners
We do not collect any personal information. We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify any purchases made through our affiliate partners;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse our client base (visitor behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services provided;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to help secure any information you share with us.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
What are your options?
You can remove cookies stored in your computer by Desk Perks.com via the link above. You can also do this via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Tel: +33 (0)126.96.36.199.22
Fax: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.00
Last modification was made 04/09/2018.